Eating well can play an important role in helping us to get and stay physically active. Choosing to eat healthy foods, to drink lots of water and to stick to regular meal times can support us to feel energised and more ready for exercise.
The great news is that if you’re not about to start marathon training, you don’t need to adopt any special dietary measures. No carb-loading, no protein shakes, no supplements etc. All you need to do is take steps to adopt a regular healthy diet – lots of water, lots of vegetables, lots of whole grains, and go easy on the junk food.
Check out some of our quick, delicious and healthy summer recipes:
- Omelette with carrot and beetroot salad
- Cod with smokey baked summer vegetables
- Spanish chicken / vegetable stew
- Shakchuka (baked eggs in tomato sauce)
- Fajitas with guacamole and tomato salsa
- Chicken kebabs with coleslaw